Gardens at the Zoo
The Saskatchewan Perennial Society established with the City of Saskatoon two gardens at the Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park and Zoo.
The Robin Smith Meditation Garden, is in the location of the former Foreman's House and was completed in 1998. It is named after Robin Smith (1948-1994) a landscape architect with the Meewasin Valley Authority and past president of the Saskatchewan Perennial Society.
The Heritage Rose Garden is located adjacent to the Meditation Garden in the area that was formerly the vegetable garden of the Foreman's House. This garden commemorates early plant breeders who collected, selected and hybridized hardy plants for prairie gardeners. This garden was completed in 2005.
The following is a walking tour map of the Forestry Farm Park showing the location of the gardens.