Sculptures in the Gardens

'Pronghorn' (1993 Bill Epp)

A life size, bronze sculpture by Saskatoon artist Bill Epp (1930-1995) was donated to the city by his wife Betty. Bill's work is found in the collection of the British Royal Family and other collections across Canada. He has two other commissioned works in Saskatoon 'Gabriel Dumont on Horseback' and 'The Spirit of youth'. The Pronhorn is placed at the opening between the Robin Smith Meditation Garden and the Heritage Rose Garden.

'Spiral Stack' and 'Untitled' sculpture (1987 Don Foulds)

A welded steel sculpture and and unnamed concrete sculpture were donated by Don Foulds, formerly of Saskatoon.
Don has taught in art institutions
across Canada and continues to teach at Memorial University, Newfoundland. His work has been exhibited in galleries throughout Canada. Public commissions in Saskatoon include 'Passages' at the University of Saskatchewan and 'Whale' at Lawson Heights Leisure Centre.

'The Raven' (2010 Deb Jensen)

'The Raven' is mounted on the north-east telephone pole. It is a cast aluminum piece of garden art, sculpted by Deb Jensen and cast by Jim Jensen of Nisse Foundry. Money was donated to the Saskatchewan Perennial Society by Artizoons when they disbanded their organization, with the understanding that we would use one of their artizans to build a garden sculpture. Other sculptures by Jim Jensen include: 'Blacksmith' at the Farmer's Market in Saskatoon and 'The Big Save' at the Art Hauser Centre in Prince Albert.